Are you considering migrating to the cloud and needing help figuring out where to start? Over the last few years, these types of solutions have managed to gain great popularity. At Sales Systems, we help you carry out the entire migration process.
With these five tips, you can start your landing in the cloud in a simple, orderly, and, above all, very effective way. Remember that having a specialized partner is essential to ensure that the migration process does not interrupt your daily operations and that you can continue offering your clients the level of efficiency they need.
Table of Contents
Plan the migration
Once decided, the first step we must take is to plan the migration correctly. In this previous stage, the necessary time must be invested in knowing exactly what the elements, information, and applications we will work on in the cloud. Once this entire process has been carried out, we begin to plan the stages on which each of the necessary steps will be executed until each one is established.
Cloud solutions are a process that completely transforms the way we interact with the technology we are used to. Therefore, the use and access to each of the different technologies must be analyzed, and the migration must begin in stages. Once planned, it must be communicated to the rest of the employees so that all the people who make up our teams know the process to which we will subject our system. In this way, we will avoid unnecessary risks.
What are our capabilities and objectives?
In any business strategy, having information related to the capacity and objectives of our company will allow us to speed up any decision-making process. Companies tend to be tempted to want to start migrating their business data to the cloud entirely autonomously. This action can pose a significant risk to the stability of our business since it is likely that we only sometimes have the training necessary to offer adequate stability.
Having a partner like Sale Systems will allow you to identify the capabilities and objectives of your business and, once defined, begin the migration process based on the previously defined goals. We must know that there are many elements that we must master in any migration. Our team of specialists will integrate into your business until we find a solution that covers your needs 100%.
The needs of our company
What are the needs of our business? In the case of cloud migrations, companies’ needs can vary considerably. Having them well-defined will allow us to organize ourselves better and help us decide what type of cloud we want to opt for.
The operations of our business must adapt to the platforms we end up choosing. We may only need to synchronize specific documents, larger files, or certain applications that, due to their characteristics, require a series of elements that cannot be supplied if we do not opt for the cloud.
In all these cases, the needs of our business must be able to adapt to the different advantages of the cloud.
The type of cloud to invest in
What is the type of cloud we can opt for? This is one of the most common questions asked by those interested in this type of service. To do this, we mainly define three types of cloud on which we can rely:
- Public cloud: In this case, the provider offers its services to all types of users. Its profile does not matter. It is common for there to be both free and paid clouds in addition to hybrid solutions that offer both types of license depending on the storage we need.
- Private cloud: At the opposite extreme, we find the private cloud. Unlike the previous one, it is not available to the public in this case. Rather, it must adapt to who requests it and implement its infrastructure. It is characterized by having a level of security much higher than what we could find in any other cloud format.
- Hybrid cloud: Hybrid clouds are designed so that we can share applications and data between different solutions based on scalability and needs. Users may start in and move to a private cloud or vice versa.
Develop a security methodology for cloud management.
Once we have executed all the previous steps, what actions should we carry out in terms of administration? This is the last step we must take, but also one of the most important. Developing a security methodology to manage the administration of our cloud will allow us to ensure that all our data is safe and that none of the workers will have access to or compromise it, regardless of where it is located. Find and from which you carry out.
We must consider certain points that can help us complete this step and be able to carry out management correctly and effectively:
- Passwords must always be secure and respect specific criteria to help us keep our content completely secure. Passwords must be alphanumeric and contain symbols that help strengthen them and make them unbreakable.
- Data must always be encrypted with the necessary protocols. This aspect is key as a security measure beyond the password in question.
- We must define a network of workers with access to this network. In case of changes, passwords must always be modified.
Cloud solutions are currently one of the best formulas to guarantee security and access to our business data. This will allow us to work from anywhere without schedules or restrictions.