Why open the Blog on a site?
And why is it so important to have it in e-commerce?
The topic in question is very hot. The central theme of inbound marketing is that the Blog has become a very important tool for developing effective marketing strategies. In this article, we will provide the necessary information and tools on how to create and manage a blog, as well as the strategies and reasons why having one is essential.
Table of Contents
Can I create a free e-commerce blog from scratch?
Is it possible to create a blog yourself? The easiest way to start a blog is to use a blog service provider. These free blog services provide many templates, including colours, formats, styles, and more. So once you’ve chosen a template and decided on a blog name, anyone can start blogging immediately! The ease with which blogs can be started and managed by anyone has allowed them to spread rapidly since 2004.
However, to create a blog, it is necessary to have a CMS (Content Management System), which refers to a system for managing content. All or almost all e-commerce platforms, from Prestashop to Magento, support blogs. Even before analyzing the technical aspects of the Blog, it’s important to plan the editing activity with an editorial plan that is well integrated with the sales strategy.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of creating an e-commerce blog?
It is a tool that allows you to convey information to users and is generally described as a simplified “diary”-style homepage. The ease of managing these online spaces has increased the penetration rate of blogging services in response to the growing number of users. Let’s see below the advantages and disadvantages of managing a blog.
- Easy to do. The biggest advantage of a blog is that anyone can easily create it. For example, even a beginner can easily create and manage one immediately if you rely on a blog service provider. You can start a blog by signing up for a free blog service or purchasing a paid template.
- You can easily update. When you bring a blog to life with text and image input, you don’t need to know the HTML, the “language” of codes for creating pages. Therefore, the Blog has the advantage that even beginners who do not know HTMLHTML can easily update it. This “simplicity” is certainly a significant advantage.
- The design cannot be changed freely. If you use a free blog service, you can choose from the available templates (designs); you are not permitted to change the design or composition.
- Past articles are a thing of the past. Because blogs are diaries, past articles tend to be seen as; they are a “memory” of the past. In reality, for example, an article created about a year ago will be seen as “outdated”, and the information contained therein is deemed unreliable. Typically, older posts rank lower on most blogs.
- It is essential to update it every day. The internet user on duty interprets a blog in which the article was published a year earlier as inactive. Furthermore, it won’t be easy to drive traffic and increase sales if it is not continuously updated. It isn’t easy to attribute value to a blog that is not updated. Updates require consistency, and this is another disadvantage.
- The workload becomes very large. Since the blogs must be updated, the workload and commitment are very high. Indeed, it can be updated daily for a given period, but continuing to do so for several years is hard work for everyone!
The e-commerce blog in the inbound marketing strategy
Why create a blog? And why is it important to include it in your Inbound Marketing strategy? Previously, companies were considered cutting edge if they had a website where they posted information about the company and their products. In light of the study of modern consumer behaviour, more than the site is needed. This is because only people who have contact with the brand and know its name can search and find it.
The objective of Inbound Marketing, however, is to bring unknown people closer to the company, and more than the homepage of a corporate WEB site is needed. Here is the need to include the Blog, used to establish contact with unknown individuals. The Blog will, therefore, have to transmit information, notions, and experiences that allow you to have contact with them without knowing the name of the company or the name of the product. Keywords: give added value.
Creating an e-commerce blog: 4 fundamental rules
How to create a successful business blog? To create a blog for business use, you need to have solid preparation. The basic flow is as follows:
- Research and analysis of the market and competitors
- Setting the Buyer persona
- Preparing the content
- Setting your goals
These are the basics. The research phase is certainly the fundamental one. Setting goals is, too, but “research” is the most important thing in creating the company blog. The success or failure of a blog is determined by whether or not the research is completed. Creating a company blog is only useful if you follow up on it. Research is not just the starting point but a constant. Once the research has been carried out and the Buyer persona has been set, you can work on preparing effective content (content marketing< /span>) that meets the buyer persona’s needs.
Good quality content is like a “magnet” that attracts customers who trust the brand. The reason for the choice is the source of good content, so you must ensure you generate content that meets user demand. To create such high-quality content, they need a lot of useful articles. Only in this way can we be sure of having “customers” interested in the content. This is what you need to do to pursue the final goal, that of attracting customers.
How to choose blog topics for e-commerce
How do you attract customers to your company blog? The number of visits will increase if the content of the Blog, designed and created from an SEO perspective, is in line with the reader’s interest. To arouse this interest, the article must highlight a deep level of knowledge of the subject matter and contain an abundant amount of information and solid sentence composition.
There are two types of content to meet the reader’s needs:
- Contents to solve problems. Writing and delving into topics that target users are worried about or to which they tend to look for satisfactory answers is a very effective strategy to ensure a flow of access. However, you must be careful not to write exaggerated content or information without credibility.
- Practical articles. “How to…” for example. Write practical articles, advice that readers want, suggestions, and curiosities. This also ensures an access flow. Then, naturally, it is good to write things that align with the Blog’s central theme.
But you need more than just doing effective Content Marketing; you have to plan!
Producing original and exciting content takes time, and constantly creating it is challenging. For this reason, creating an editorial plan that adequately plans content consistent with the target audience you want to reach can contribute not only to the growth of the Blog but also to the work organization. The creation of an editorial plan in which to find ideas and ideas for writing new articles is a source of inspiration. Following an editorial plan makes blogging life much easier.
How to create an e-commerce blog and earn money
To develop a functional tool for’Inbound Marketing like a blog, it is essential to have a few simple concepts clear. Keeping a Blog constantly updated and up to date is an essential premise, but it does not mean that traffic (or sales) will increase only as a function of this consistency. For users to be attracted by blog articles created with great effort, there are some points to keep in mind:
- Write articles that benefit readers. Writing about what the reader is looking for (products or services) to ensure access is important. It is also important to write articles from the reader’s point of view to propose solutions. Take the opportunity to insert buttons or links that generate the call to action.
- Make the title attractive! Titles that attract readers are important for gaining access. In a few lines, the “promise” of the content. Here is a little tip: The Blog’s title can be changed after publication, so you can try it in various ways.
- Declare the objectives. Summarize the article’s contents in the first 20 words in advance for readers. Using the right keywords attracts and captures the reader’s attention, turning him into a potential customer.
So, to profit from a blog, you must first know “suitable and unsuitable themes” for its creation. It is important to establish the key points to create an accessible and high-quality blog. Furthermore, when it comes to creating a company blog, the advice is to use a paid domain or server rather than relying on free service providers. This, too, will make a difference in the eyes of the reader and denote professionalism and competence in the eyes of the occasional visitor. Therefore, before publishing a company blog, preparation is important to avoid running into a situation in which it becomes difficult to move forward.
Also Read : Opening An Online Store Costs And Investments